PCNC: Parent-Community Networking Centers
The Parent-Community Networking Centers (PCNCs) serve to create supportive partnerships among the home, the school, and the community for the purposes of supporting student success, and building a sense of family and community. The PCNCs are school-based centers for families, volunteers and community to identify their strengths, collaborate, make decisions and create partnerships.
The mission of PCNCs is to develop a sense of community and a caring, learning network to strengthen family, neighborhood, school, and classroom for every student's well-being and attainment of standards. It does this by:
- Communicating: Communication between home and school is regular, two way, and meaningful.
- Parenting: Responsible parenting is promoted and supported.
- Student Learning: Parents and families play an integral role in assisting student learning and development toward college and career readiness.
- Volunteering: Parents and families are welcome in the school, and their support and assistance are sought.
- School Decision Making: Parents and families are partners in the decisions that affect children and families.
- Collaborating with the Community: Community resources are made available to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student learning.
PCNC/PARENT FACILITATOR'S CORNER:
Aloha and Welcome to Waimalu Elementary School! My name is
Mrs. Alejandra "Ale" Anakalea and I am the school's Parent Facilitator.
My goal here is to create a supportive partnership between our families, school, and community so we can work together to give our students the best chance of succeeding. Our schools' primary mission is to develop character, attitude, and skills so our children of Waimalu can excel in our global society.
All families have dreams for their children and want to see them succeed. Children do best when families take an active role in their child's education, including helping at home, participating in school programs and activities, also guiding and supporting their children through the educational system.
I welcome all of you to come and share my space. My room is your room and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible. My door's are open Monday through Friday (except state holidays) from 8:00 am- 2:00 pm. I am located in the Library (doors closest to the Cafeteria - look for sign on double doors). Any question's please feel free to call me at 808-307-4543.
Mrs. "Ale" Anakalea
Waimalu PCNC/Parent Facilitator