Quarter 3 Reopening Plan
December 15, 2020
Aloha Waimalu Families:
On behalf of all of the Waimalu Ohana, I would like to thank you for your patience and hard work. I realize that it has been a struggle to say the least, and I truly appreciate all you have done for your children.
We will continue our process of slowly returning more students to campus for face to face learning in the third quarter. We plan to start returning our fifth and sixth grade students on a blended rotation basis starting the week of January 18. We will add more grade levels one week at a time until all students are back on a blended rotation.
Some things to keep in mind:
- ALL students will be on distance learning (no in person learning) every Friday starting January 8, 2021. Teachers will continue to teach virtually on Fridays,and all students must log in.
- We will not be providing morning care for the rest of the school year
- Kamaaina Kids will be providing A+ after school care starting January 19, 2021.
- Busses will be running. However, you must complete an application and make payment. You may pick up an application and make payments at our office.
- Starting the week of January 11,2021, we will be staggering our drop off and pick up times to ensure that we have the capacity to properly social distance.
- Starting the week of January 11, 2021, breakfast will be served from 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
- ALL meals will be free for ALL students for the rest of the school year. Grab and Go meals will be served from 11:30-12:00 noon.
If you have not already done so, please call the office to let us know if you will be opting for full distance learning for the third quarter by Wednesday, December 16. Our distance learning students will be receiving the same lessons as their peers who are learning in person. We have been asked to discontinue use of Acellus Accelerator at the end of the second quarter.
Here is a link to a calendar of when students will be returning to school. We will be providing more details later. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you again for all that you do. I would like to wish all of you a very happy holiday season.