1. Daily journal- Write about what you did the previous day. Draw pictures to connect to the main ideas. Use the six traits of writing to check your writing:
- Ideas- Does your writing have enough ideas?
- Organization- Does your writing have an introduction, body, conclusion, and transition words?
- Voice- Where is your personality and emotions within the writing?
- Word Choice- Did you use more complex words?
- Sentence Fluency- Are sentence lengths and beginnings different?
- Conventions- Did you check for capitals, understanding (grammar), punctuation, paragraphs, and spelling?
2. Visual Art- Go outside and draw things that are around the house. Don’t forget to color your drawings for a more finished look.
Digital Learning Resources
- Scholastic - Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers.
2. Mystery Science - We've gone through all of our K-5 science lessons, collected the easiest ones to do from home, and put them on a single page to make things easier.
3. IXL Math - Gain fluency and confidence in math! IXL helps students master essential skills at their own pace through fun and interactive questions, built in support, and motivating awards.
4. Storylineonline.net - The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
5. GoNoodle - Exercise, dancing, singing and learning at home, students are familiar and it would be good exercise and brain breaks.
6. Sora - Hawai’i State Department of Education eBook website. Students log in with their Student ID Number (10-digits).
7. Coding - Hour of Code Activities. Try a one-hour tutorial designed for all ages. Join millions of students and teachers in over 180 countries starting with an Hour of Code.
8. BrainPOP - Animated educational videos for kids - Science, Social Studies, English, Math, Arts & Music, Health, and Technology. Click Log In, then sign in with G Suite for Education (your school Google account)
9. Typing Club- Learn touch typing online using Typing Club's free typing courses. It includes 650 typing games, typing tests, and videos. Click Log In, then sign in with G Suite for Education (your school Google account)